ATHLETIC EXTRACURRICULAR CODE
**Please make sure to fill out all 3 sections and hit “Submit” for each.
STUDENT INFORMED CONSENT FORM
I, a student enrolled in the Lakeland School Corporation, have read the Lakeland High School Student-Athlete Handbook.
1. I agree to conduct myself in accordance with the rules and regulations set forth in this handbook as well as all other rules established by my coaches, Lakeland School Corporation, and the Indiana High School Athletic Association.
2. I accept my responsibility as a role model for others. I understand that representing my school and my community is a privilege, not to be taken lightly.
3. I will treat opponents the way that I would want to be treated–with respect.
4. I will refrain from taunting, trash talking or making any kind of derogatory remarks to my opponent.
5. I will respect the integrity and judgment of the game officials even though I may disagree with them.
6. I will never use inappropriate language.
7. I will strive to model the six pillars of character: Caring, Citizenship, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Trustworthiness.
8. I understand that the Policy on Athletic Training applies to me year-round and realize that I am subject to disciplinary action should I violate said injured that is inherent in all sports.
PARENT LIABILITY RELEASE FORM AND INFORMED CONSENT FORM
As a parent/guardian of this student
1. In accordance with the rules of the Indiana High School Athletic Association and Lakeland School Corporation, I hereby give consent for my son/daughter to participate in all athletics at Lakeland School Corporation.
2. As a parent/guardian of the previously named student-athlete, I have read the Lakeland Handbook for Student-Athletes and have discussed it with my son/daughter.
3. I understand that the Policy on Athletic Training applies to my son/daughter year-round. I also realize that my son/daughter is subject to disciplinary action should he/she violate said policy. (High School only)
4. I understand that participation may necessitate early dismissal from school and I also understand that travel is necessary and an accident causing injury is a possibility.
5. I understand that participation in athletics is a privilege and that there is a risk of being injured that is inherent in all sports.
ATHLETIC EXTRACURRICULAR CODE
As a parent/guardian of this student,
I understand the important role that extracurricular activities can play in the development of a young person’s character. I also understand that the highest potential of extracurricular activities is achieved when everyone, including parents, works together for success. I pledge my positive support to my child, the children of Lakeland School Corporation, and our extracurricular program by modeling respect for all participants, coaches, and officials at all practices, games and contests and will actively encourage others around me to do the same.
1. I will not criticize athletes or coaches. I will support and encourage them.
2. I will respect opposing coaches, players and all spectators. I will refrain from making negative comments.
3. I will respect game officials and will never approach an official before, during, or after a game to discuss or challenge his/her game management or calls made during the contest. I understand that they are people like me who are doing their best to support our students.
4. I will never use inappropriate language.
5. I will encourage those fans around me to model appropriate behavior.
6. I will strive to model the six pillars of character: Caring, Citizenship, Fairness, Respect, Responsibility, and Trustworthiness.